One thing about me that everyone knows, is that I love writing stories. And I do my best to write good stories as well as encourage others to write and find the joys of writing themselves.
This is why I’m glad to announce that New Zealand Writer’s college competition is now open. Submissions closes 30th September and the theme is “in the unlikeliest of places”.
Although I don’t want even more competition that I already have but if you are interested int his, then i encourage you to have a go.
A few things to consider:
- Interested in this writing competition? Go to the website for more information including the guidelines
- What do you think the theme “in the unlikeliest of places” is about. Share some ideas in the comments down below.
- Are you a novice writer. Don’t enter the competition if you’ve published a few books or if you have a successful blog.
- Read lots. Although you will definetly become busy writing the short story, but you also need to give yourself time to read. As they say “if you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time or the skills to write”.
- Brainstorm ideas before getting stuck into the story. Even if you already have an idea ffor your story, it’s a good idea to write it all down on paper. Develop your characters, the plot, story line and conflicts before writing.
Happy writing fellow bloggers!