Mother’s day is when we show gratitude towards the women in our lives. It isn’t being thankful but it’s about reciprocating the love and care that they have shown towards us. We shouldn’t show gratitude for our mothers only on Mother’s day but everyday.
Show your gratitude for your mother or woman figure in your life, every day, a random day, more than once a year.
Gratitude is having a Grateful attitude. How can you show gratitude towards your mum?
That being said, here’s a list of five things to do to show gratitude towards the women in our lives:
1. Kisses and hugs-
Women love affection and there’s nothing that say gratitude than not feeling ashamed of showing this affection in public. Although you don’t have to be outside to kiss your mother on her cheek.
2. Words of affection
- “I love you”. Look your mother in the eye and say, “I love you”. Mean it. Trust me when I say, you don’t say it enough times. If you don’t live with your mum, then text her regularly and message her that you love her. It is a heartfelt gesture.
3. Notice what she does and compliment her
Compliment on something your mother does that you normally take for granted-Some examples: Wow, my shirt is without any crinkles. That was such a good dinner, lots of good taste and love in this dish. The floor is clean. etc. Perhaps even better than this is to do these chores without waiting for mum to tell you or telling your mum. Just do it and surprise her. Surprise visits to home are also good. In a world where everyone is busy and a lot are living paycheck to paycheck, it’s important to make time for the people who matters. Afterall, no one has ever regretted about missing work but perhaps they felt that they didn’t spend enough time with their grandkids…
4. Show you care by your actions, not your words.
- Show that you care about what she cares about and what she does for you. It’s easy to be ungrateful about things we take for granted. To show we don’t take things like an ironed shirt for granted, actually care. Fold or hang your clothes properly. Go out of your way to keep the carpet clean and if you make or see a mess, then clean it up. This is similar to doing chores without being asked but really, we should be cleaning up after oursevles in any house or place.
5. Take a picture and it’ll last long. Take a picture, print it out, put it in a photo albulm, it’ll last even longer.
- Photos-pictures contains long lasting memories of the good and the bad. Capture these moments with your mother, with your friends and families. Your mother will treasure these photos for a long time to come. For me personally, my mum’s sent a lot of pictures and videos of her grandchildren. Even though she treasures these pictures and videos, they take up a lot of space on her phone. Plus, her phone for some reason doesn’t have Google and we know how hard it can be when our devices aren’t connected to Chrome. It can be convenient to put the videos on DVD and photos into albums. I’ve only done the latter once, but you know? It’s worth it.
Note: Mother: A person who takes cares of you, who looks after you. A woman figure in your life who leads by example.
What to do now:
- Tell your mother you love her
- give her lots of bear hugs
- Clean up after yourself and the house without being asked
- Compliment and acknowledge her hard work
- Take pictures and videos and turn them into hard copies so that she can have space on her phone for more pictures and videos.
Do you agree with anything on the list? Do you have anything to add to this list? Share your thoughts in the comments below.