Welcome to my blog, “No excuses”! This used to be a blog on writing but is now on spirituality and other important topics. Today’s post is a response to a blog post called “Why did God make woman?” by Biblical Gender Roles and a response to a video by Mr Atheist, that responds to this blog post. You don’t need to click the link because the youtube video can be found in this post.
But first, please remember to like, follow and comment. Yeah, I’m that kinda person now. SO ANNOYING.
Why did God make woman?
This is such a good and profound question. Let’s see if I can answer before I get into the video and blog post. God made women, for example, me, so that I can do good works on earth, to take care of his creation including the land, people and animals, and to overall, enjoy the life that he has given me. Yeah, that sounds about right. Yes? No? Wait, what? You’re saying no?
No, you’re not right Ching Ern. But first, here’s a definition of progressive revelation.
Progressive revelation is like being given a story or an account of something and then later getting a flashback or a different viewpoint which gives you a different angle or revelation on the story. If this doesn’t make sense, then watch the video and Jimmy will read the blog post to you.
The first account of creation can be found in Genesis 1. The second account that gives us a progressive revelation, can be found in Genesis 2.
What revelations do we find?
We find that:
- It is not good for man to be alone
- Man was created first before woman
- Adam looked at all the animals and didn’t find a suitable helper
- Eve and therefore women were created for men.
- Women were created to be helpers and for companionship
This blog-writer got these points from the KJV bible. My AMP (amplified) version of the bible of the same verses says that:
(Gen 2:18-23 AMP)
- Adam needed a helper, someone who balanced him, or a counterpart
- none of the animals were a suitable companion (note, how it says companion but NOT sexual partner).
- The word “helper” indicates a role, not a woman’s value. Adam needed someone who was like himself, who was intelligent and equal in value but with different qualities, who could subdue the earth together with him. This was taken from a footnote of the AMP bible.
- God causes Adam to fall into a deep sleep and He took one of Adam’s ribs to create Eve. Another footnote says that if God had taken a piece of Adam’s head, then this implied women were superior, if God had taken a piece of Adam’s toe, then this implied woman were inferior. But to take the rib, a piece from Adam’s side, implied equality and mutual respect. It doesn’t imply being a side piece, hahaha. (According to my footnote, Martin Luther King had observed this but I’m not sure if he actually did since I can’t at the moment, find evidence of him saying this).
So, I’d like to first apologise. Here goes:
- There are a lot of stupid christians in the world
- I can’t say that I’m any smarter but
- At least I hope that my content here is smart and agreeable, instead of just sounding like sound advice or facts…or complete trash.
- I’m sorry for this blog, that confirms literally every atheist who says that the bible is very misogynistic.
- and I’m sorry that I’m now going to be a hypocrite by saying my thoughts on this
This is what I believe:
There are many versions of the bible which leaves the bible open for interpretation. I trust the AMP because it tries its best to demonstrate how people understood the bible in its original language. Now, English isn’t a very good language to translate to because English doesn’t have enough words to convey the same meaning as the original language.
I trust the AMP when it explains that men and women were created equal and with mutual respect, to both subjugate and take dominion over the earth. It doesn’t mean that the KJV is not an accurate Bible translation or version. But, it does mean that people can get different interpretations of the bible depending on which Bible version they use, how deeply they study the actual meaning of words, and whether or not they are actually qualified to give an accurate not-man-made interpretation of the bible.
And that’s why this blog that I’m responding to, and other things like this, are so dangerous to both themselves and society-they take a few verses from the bible and utterly twist the verses to conform to their way of thinking and indoctrination. I hope that as I do more of these blog posts, that you’ll find I don’t do that, but I try my best to actually see the whole picture instead of focussing on a few verses.
By golly, it seems like I’m going to need to do a series on this instead of just one blog post. 🙂 That’s fine because- more content. So this is the end of my blog post, episode one of “Why did God create woman?”
And by the way, it’s “women”, plural, not just Eve. WOMEN.
Let’s shake off the intensity-ness that comes from feminism and the fight for equality and watch a cat on top of a roomba, in a shark costume, chasing a duck.